Simplistic MosFET HV Shunt Regs

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Now the 1260W 1K0 Bulk Metal Foil Trimmer ($29.29 from Texas Components) is installed.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Very interesting... The bass goes deeper and is more precise than with the standard trimmer.

For source information about the Bulk Metal Foil Trimmers, look into my Blog.

Additionally the 1µF of the Zobel is bypassed with a 0,047µF/500V russain K72P-6 teflon cap.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I have also changed the heatsinks to a bigger one, to have a bit more "Air" for shunting :D

The result astonishes me! I think that´s the last tweak on my SSHV modules. :p

Now it´s really time to design the case for the whole DAC.

:wave:

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Oliver your 1260W +-10ppm TCR trimmer is 10% or 5% tol.? Actually I use 1280G 10% 15ppm. I asked Texas Instruments price for Vishay 1285G 1K trimmer +-5% tol. +-5ppm TCR, 1260W at 29$90 USD sounds high priced considering 1280G cost 12$50 USD if you buy from Michael Percy Audio.

My trimmer is a +-5% tol. one.

Why don't you just measure the final set value and then put a good same value resistor in its place?

Also a possibility, but i want to be flexible for different tubes and
to check different tube rectifier!

:wave:

Jeez, Joshua, where did you get that from - 1uF/600V is a standard value and readily available on fleabay.

The Obbligatos are a okay too, but physically big and that metal case can be a pain.

The Jantzen's are more "toppy" but still rather okay in comparison to the inexpensive little ol' "Audiophilers" - IMO, I might add!

... my 2 cents.