Scavenging ultra low noise power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Presuming these are standard LEDs in your diagram I don't think you would get any current to speak of. However, you could use solar panels instead. I see small panels at differnt voltages at my local electronis store (Conrad). Just one example:

Measures: 122 x 115 x 3 mm, Nominal Voltage: 18 V, Nominal current: 0,038 A, price 16,36 EUR. They are optimised for daylight spectrum so you might get less current/voltage with a lamp. Sounds like an interesting alternative to big filters on a normal power supply.

Understand now, so you really mean solar panels not diodes - was really wondering what you were up to. I used to scavenge TV sets at the town dump when I was a kid, mostly for resisters, but have not been there ever since :D.

The only "free" source of solar panels over here that I can think of are some funny boxes that are mounted along the Autobahn every few kms and are powered by these panels. At least I presume they are free but I may be wrong :devilr:

But back on the noise, since you appear to have all kinds of measuring equipment you could gve them a try and report back. Would be very interesting. :smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.