IEC Inlet Filter confusion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I rescued a Schaffner IEC inlet filter from an ADAT M/C before I sent it to scrap to put on some equipment. I put it on the inlet of a tube amp that I'm rebuiling. This amp has a turn on switch and before I use it I tested the power to ensure that all is OK.

Strange, I get a slightly lower voltage accross N & L when switch is off then when switch is on. This confuses me - is the current very low accross N & L when switch is off And high when switched on?

It is the FN 9246 High performance IEC inlet filter I have from here: http://www.schaffner.com/components/en/product/productL22.asp?level=3$2$2&language_id=12&regUser=1&regUserID=-1

This unit has a 470K ohm resistor between L & N which would give rise to this reading? Just trying to confirm that all is in order & understand what's going on

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.