-/+ 50 v SMPS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
continue

my smps

Attachments

• pic00003.jpg
    pic00003.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 9,392
I would suggest removing the linear PSU section for the controller - instead it may be better to have an inefficient regulator from the full-rail DC line (rectified mains) which is switched out once the output has stabilized (handed over to a regulated supply derived from the output - i.e. an additional winding).

This should up the overall efficiency once the output has stabilized. :D

Given the output is fixed, there should be minimal need to regulate the controller supply - maybe a low-dropout linear regulator, or even an LC filter will suffice. The controller is a low current device and probably doesn't have highly critical voltage supply requirements - I would check the datasheet and see what its requirements are, then judge what to do based on that.

Hello to all
Can this design be modified to work on 120Vac? My mains supply is 120 volts, and this smps is what I was looking for.
I have 3 etd59 cores, and want to make 2 active PA speakers, they will need 120volts ac on mains and +/- 65 or 70 volts dc, I'll need to change the turns ratio and the feedback network.
Any help on this?
Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.