Wiring PLitron 30VA, 2x30VAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I need some help wiring my plitron 30VA transformer. The input needs to be 115AC and the output for dual secondaries at 30VAC (2X30VAC).
The way in interpret the plitron diagram is that for the primaries for 115VA I wire the black to ground and orange to live. The white gets wired to the orange and the brown to the black.
For the output i wire the red and yellow to one board, and the blue and grey to the other board.

http://www.plitron.com/shopping/specs/0170XX201.pdf

Please confirm if this is correct?

Thanks

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
neil_kaye said:
The way in interpret the plitron diagram is that for the primaries for 115VA I wire the black to ground and orange to live. The white gets wired to the orange and the brown to the black.
For the output i wire the red and yellow to one board, and the blue and grey to the other board.

Hi Neil.

The dots on the windings in the schematic indicate which direction currents will flow through them. When current flows into the dot of a primary winding it will flow out of the dot on a secondary winding. Technically it doesn't matter which way the primary wires are connected, but just for the sake of convention I would connect the white and orange wires to neutral and the black and brown wires to live.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.