power trannie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello people, some question

i have an old trannie that was used in an el84pp;

it has 2*115 in and out's are
6.3v at 4 amp
140v next to it = dc 0.19a

what does that last thing means ? that it can only cope with 0.19a of dc current ? but it is ac, can anybody explain;

thanx a lot

aha, this is indeed something which i didn't forsee;

that looks promising.

so allow me to pose another two questions

1)so it would be capable of putting out 380ma at AC current ?
cause it will always be used as ac current;

2)now it puts out : 140v at 380ma, after the power trannie there is a voltage doubler. the trannie itself has two primary's 0-115 and 0-115. so there is a switch for 115-230, it depends how you wire it;

but let us now suppose, that i want to get 280 immediatly out of the trannie: that means that i could connet 0-230 on each of the 0-115v . that would mean that i get 280 volt at 190ma, and also that the 6.3 voltage would end up to be 12.6. (but i could wire some heaters in serie: although that would maybe a sonic problem)

but as long the trannie can hold up with the high voltage, in terms of electrical shortcut through the paper it would do fine ? or am i wrong on this one ?

thanx a lot
greetings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.