• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Wide Classic GR dMark-Ken7.3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there. First time posting but I have been lurking for a few months now and finally pulled the trigger on a pair of Alpair 7.3s. I plan on using them in a desktop set up and when space/set up permits, I may look into different cabinet designs.

For now, I am torn between the Slim Classic GR and the Wide Classic GR. I read in a previous post that the primary difference between the wide and slim has to do with baffle-step loss. The speakers will be 5 inches from the wall so logically I require a front or side port which both of these designs include.

1) Am I correct in understanding that the wide would perform better this close to a wall?

2) Does the side port have any effect on tuning etc. vs the front port and should the side ports face each other?

3) Is the tuning of these boxes similar to the Mark Audio GRBs? Fb=52Hz

4) What are the benefits of having the drivers off-center? I like it aesthetically, I'm just curious as the Mark Audio GRB plans have the driver in the center.

I appreciate anyone's feedback and look forward to getting this project underway. It may take me a few months to a year to select a bloody stain but I hope to have these cabinets completed before the drivers are broken in.

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.