• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

mMarS CHR-70 boombox

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,

I have a project that has been brewing for a while now. To build a smallish boombox type system to sit on top of a shelf in the bedroom and make sweet music from an Ipod or cellphone.
WAF dictates that it must be a single box all in one integrated type unit like a 1990's boombox. I'm tying to not go too far over 500mm wide and not too deep either.

My current idea is to build 3 boxes: 2x mMarS CHR-70 speaker boxes, mounted to a centre box housing all the electronics. The centre box is likely to be steel for noise and magnetic shielding with a wooden dressing.

Firstly, does anybody see why this won't work well? I am hoping that mounting the speakers so close together won't degrade sound quality too much. I am guessing that the main loss will be in stereo imaging?

Secondly I have a question regarding the bass response of the mMarS CHR-70 enclosures. Does the bass suffer very much with the sealed enclosure versus a ported enclosure such as the mMar-Ken6.
Is there a ported enclosure plan available for purchase for CHR-70?

Attached is a crude drawing of the basic idea for clarity
boombox.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.