• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Alpair 10.3 enclosure option for corner placement?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was about to start building the Pensil enclosures but started wondering about what would be the best option for a corner placement?

I made simple 9l sealed boxes and currently the corner placement boosts low end so much that -6db is around 30hz.

So I don't need more bass, actually even less would be okay as I have a sub for <80hz stuff.

I would like a floorstander, can I just make a small sealed top part and use the low part as an integrated stand?

Is there a particular baffle shape I should use, the same as in Pensil?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The PEnsil is designed so that you can adjust the amount of bass by adding or subtracting stuffing (you would need to add). FHXL can also be adjusted for bass output.

Poplar was designed for A10p (i’d have to check A10.3 applicability but likely) for wall placement. It too can have its bass damped down for pushing in the corner.

Small sealed on top would work, about 6 litres damped, ideal XO to woofer(s) at 85 Hz, 2nd order (on 1st pass)

dave

Attachments

• A103M-sealed.gif
    A103M-sealed.gif
    36.4 KB · Views: 230
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.