Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Planet 10 hifi Home of the Frugal-phile™ - Planet 10 HiFi

Old 11th March 2019, 01:37 AM   #11
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Help me choose drivers for a pair of Frugel-Horn speakers
You pretty much have things sorted…

dave
Old 11th March 2019, 01:50 AM   #12
david45 is offline david45  Canada
diyAudio Member

Ok so in other words either one of those should yield satisfactory results, is that it?
Old 11th March 2019, 02:21 AM   #13
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Help me choose drivers for a pair of Frugel-Horn speakers
Alpair has greater DDR, will play a bit louder, and costs more.

dave
Old 13th March 2019, 06:43 PM   #14
chrisb is offline chrisb
diyAudio Member

That Klipsch unit does look like an attractive piece for a system with basic requirements, although with a couple of limitations in terms of inputs, etc. Couldn’t find a spec for the XO to LFE channel subwoofer output, do we assume it’s 80Hz, and with no HP on the internal amp or RCA line outputs?
When was the last time you saw a piece of audio gear you could control from your watch? Or maybe that’s a new thing soon to be ubiquitous?

As for future amp upgrades, the ACA is a very nice sounding piece, as are the Neurochrome 3886 chip based kits. Not all class D amps sound the same, nor do the higher powered ones necessarily sonically outperform lower powered class A / AB.
Old 14th March 2019, 04:06 PM   #15
david45 is offline david45  Canada
diyAudio Member

Thanks for chiming in, Chris.

Considering amazon is now letting them go for $150, it really is a no brainer for me.

I would assume 80hz and no high-pass feature, but I'll have to look into it when the unit arrives. Actually I might just post on the cheap and cheerful circle on audiocircle as I'm curious to know the answer now

Help me choose drivers for a pair of Frugel-Horn speakersHide this!Advertise here!