• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Just too much stuff, almost giving it away, part 4

Barring Chris’ (important) points, a set that didn’t make the list till now.

The Alpair 12pWeN/A7.3eN MTMs (with external passive XOs & grills). $4k. You have to come get them.

A12pw-MTM-comp.jpg

But as i showed by recently swapping in uMar-Ken6 with A6.2MeN, any of the metal cone Alpair based boxes will sound the “same” but won’t go as low or play as loud.

dave

Looks fabulous but what about one you can ship?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Price and Paypal still the same? I would be using these with a 3 watt SET amp, would you recommend I stick with the 126's or change up?
Alonzo

Price is still the same (but it should go up). PayPal is the same. One could drop the FF125wk into the same rebate. That is sort of a sideways upgrade (efficiency for bass). So with 3w i’d say FE126.

dave

Gone for over a decade. Those were the 1st protos for the mFonken… that box encouraged us to widen the box to decrease early reflections.

dave

Bummer Dave. Thanks for getting back with me. I do have more questions? Do you have any vifa ring teeeters or sb acoustics teeeters for sale? Am also looking for any 6 1/2 drivers for sale you might want to unload? My dad's speakers got damaged and he needs parts? Thanks Jeff