• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Just too much stuff, almost giving it away, part 4

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Adam Howe? Yes.

Much stuff that might be of interest from free to lots (Jordan Eikona 2).

I have grabbed the pictures i took yesterday and will post as i process them. Step 1: post pictures, add comments, take questions, test if someone interested, if they work *they should) we can go from there.

There are a number of set sof 3 or 4 drivers. 4 makes for some more interesting designs and i do not want to brealk these sets apart.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
4 vintage AlNiCo 10” bass drivers. AD10xxx (i’ll check exact number).

I’d like $200 USD for these.

attachment.php

dave

Attachments

• Philips-10-alnicox4.jpg
    Philips-10-alnicox4.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 795
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Another Philips. The ceramic, 10” version of the well regarded 12” whizzer cone FR.

I have anothe rof these, treated somewhat Imaybe even EnABLed) in a funky box intended for live music amplification along with a rebuilt Stromberg Carlson PP amplifier. Still needs some development (a horn added to the FR to improve top, got lots of thise to choose from.

$100 USD for the pair of FRs, offers on the FR+tube amp.

attachment.php

dave

Attachments

• philips-10FR.jpg
    philips-10FR.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 834
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
This is the first pas son the (mostly) free stuff. More comments and pictures will follow as i answer yours and my own questions. Given that shipping is, in most cases the only cost, and with the initial shipping cost, adding weight and sixe only incremets the shipping a bit, so please pile on.

attachment.php

Lots of 10” woofers (more than in this pic), a set of 4 5” FR(?) in the left corne — that might be 5 & 6 next to themr, the ones with orange magnet boots are car speakers, they may have lost their tweeters, some singles.

attachment.php

Some 5” Philips in the right corner, 1 a pair i think. The aluminum cone drivers are a sheilded and unshielded version of the sae McM driver, the shileded one used in the Bottlehead that used 8 of these and this diy project: the toobs Mk 1. I’ll have to check to see what the alnico woofers are.

attachment.php

Philips midranges (also have a dead pair of the domes) and a set of 4” midBass.

attachment.php

2 brand new sets of Realistic/Foster horn tweeters, the samller the same as the free ones pictured below, and on the bottom self in the back left corner, the working BIC horns, a newer EPI inverted dome tweeter, waveguide loaded domes, and various other horns and a pair of small domes.

attachment.php

Advent woofer on the left, needs resurround, comes with a pair of PE resurround kits, $40 USD. A set if brand new Dayton 28mm domes and a well reviewed aluminum cone midbass ($30 USD for the set?). The J6T boxes have a lovely set of 3” Coral alnico tweeters (yellow cone, very nice, System 7?).

attachment.php

Bad pic sorry. The Mark Audio/CSS EL166 6.5” woofers, and ERT26 tweeters. This is teh Mark Start kit less the XO. Asking the Price of the woofers ($60 USD) for the set. (a better picture follows). There is a pair of (tested only) 3” TB (sub)woofers (offers, ‘ll have to find the model #). Single 5x7 FR. I think there is a pair of 5x7 FRs around as well.

attachment.php

Ignore the soldering iron and the sewing machine. A bunch of the Foster bullet horn used by any including the Zenith Allegros. Some bic horns (some work), a set of waveguide loaded domes, 3 small midranges, and one of the Clestion HF1300 (at least a pair of the big magnet ones with burnt coils, perhaps a set of the smaller magnet ones working domes (a donation for those if they exist, the possibility exist sof lifting the working domes out and into the nonfunctioning motor unit).

attachment.php

Netter image of the MarkStart drivers, a Silver Iris woofer (new), and a better pic of the Advent woofer. Have to check what is in the box. There are a few that did not show up in the pictures, most notably a set of 3 Realistic 5” FR with a decidely Italian oval whizzer.

Questions?

dave

Attachments

• free6.jpg
    free6.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 553
  • free5.jpg
    free5.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 522
  • free4.jpg
    free4.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 521
  • free3.jpg
    free3.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 536
  • free2.jpg
    free2.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 540
  • free1.jpg
    free1.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 522
  • free8.jpg
    free8.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 517
  • free7.jpg
    free7.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 537
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The woofers may be gone, i am awaiting word back from the UK.

Lot sof Mark Audio. Stock A7.3/A7ms/A7p/A11ms. 1 pair CHR-70.2eN, some CHWBeN.

Some A7 (4) and A7.3 (2) all EnABLed, all with tiny dings in the cone, or other supposed issues, free in the hopes someone gets some use out of. Likely more.
No more kits, but some built up at or near flat-pak price.

dave

I would be stoked to get several sets. I would definitely take the enabled (all or one pair each), the a11ms, the a7ms, the a7.3...basically I would be happy to stock up, I've got space and wood and pent up energy. Happy to pay for your time and effort and whatever the cost of the drivers.

Shall I pm you or email?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
That is why some of them are free.

Maeshowe, veneered. No drivers. Can’t find the supraBaffles (or haven’t yet), so you would have to fabricate one. A7/7.3/7ms/P7/EL70, even the FE126 (a bit of a stretch) and the FF125wk.

Aiko, plywood, with FE108eSigmaEN.

2 subwoofer projects — one an 8’ 8” PVC baby EL-Pipo (3 drivers), the other a Push-push Push-pull cylindrical isobaric with 8 12” Foster bass drivers.

The bass drivers are really nice. I give the latter away because i really want to know how well it works so an assurance that it will be completed is required ;^)

I have 9 more of the same drivers, $80 CAD.

3 of the others are small, smaller, and almost tiny. A dMar-KenR (w grills) with CHP-70.2eN (and one of the 3 sets of ERT26eN, to add the missing top back. mFonken (w grills) with solid surface top. A set of uFonkenPlus with well matched semi-modified drivers (all the stuff i do before EnABL to tame the worst of their ringing issues, a chance to choose the driver colour. Bare plywood. Flat-pak plus price ($140 USD) plus drivers (stock/demos officially so some discount).

dave