• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

mFonken103SolT Build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, I've had a couple of hours to listen. I'm using the single ended, triode-wired 7C5 (with 6SJ7 driver) amp on the breadboard. Source is Pandora channels on my iPhone based on:

* Alfred Apaka
* Joe Pass
* Jao Gilberto

* Jimmy McGriff
* Miles Davis
* Dizzy Gillespie
* Ella Fitzgerald

* Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau (Schubert Lieder)
* Chopin

I stand with Cookie Monster, but my calmer reflections indicate these speakers to be above all deliciously involving and musical. They are incredibly fast, detailed (the microdetail!), and dynamic in a way that's not merely accurate but really expresses the emotion of the performers. They have incredible tonal and spatial depth. You can really hear into the inner resonances of piano, guitar, brass, voice, percussion, etc. A wonderful transient response. All the music above just sounded completely effortless. I'm not sure I've ever heard a pair of speakers that disappears like these -- well, maybe my friend's Altec Valencias, but they're a totally different animal. A similar signature to the CGRs, which are superb, and like them, they just sound "right."

I can't thank you guys enough. Really, this a remarkable achievement.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.