Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Planet 10 hifi Home of the Frugal-phile™ - Planet 10 HiFi

Old 25th April 2019, 11:53 PM   #41
jdrouin is offline jdrouin  United States
diyAudio Member

OK, I've had a couple of hours to listen. I'm using the single ended, triode-wired 7C5 (with 6SJ7 driver) amp on the breadboard. Source is Pandora channels on my iPhone based on:

* Alfred Apaka
* Joe Pass
* Jao Gilberto

* Jimmy McGriff
* Miles Davis
* Dizzy Gillespie
* Ella Fitzgerald

* Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau (Schubert Lieder)
* Chopin

I stand with Cookie Monster, but my calmer reflections indicate these speakers to be above all deliciously involving and musical. They are incredibly fast, detailed (the microdetail!), and dynamic in a way that's not merely accurate but really expresses the emotion of the performers. They have incredible tonal and spatial depth. You can really hear into the inner resonances of piano, guitar, brass, voice, percussion, etc. A wonderful transient response. All the music above just sounded completely effortless. I'm not sure I've ever heard a pair of speakers that disappears like these -- well, maybe my friend's Altec Valencias, but they're a totally different animal. A similar signature to the CGRs, which are superb, and like them, they just sound "right."

I can't thank you guys enough. Really, this a remarkable achievement.
Old 26th April 2019, 05:27 AM   #42
tamra is offline tamra  Japan
diyAudio Member

mFonken103SolT Build
Beautiful build!

After I built trapezoid mar-ken10P, I have tried some spikes.
Evony spike was my favorite im my small experience.
4pcs/set Diameter 23MM / 33mm trumpet audio amplifier tube amp pure ebony wood shims speaker Stand spikes shock pad-in Speaker Accessories from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

mFonken103SolT BuildHide this!Advertise here!