• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Pensil 7.3 measure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all
I tested my pair of Pensil 7.3 with Markaudio CHR 70.3

What do you think about the results?

this is an ambient measure (red curve)

and a speaker measure at 1mt (blue curve)

I'm listening for about 50 hours, and I'm quite happy. Just low frequencies is not so decise, not a BUNCH! but I think this is the carateristic of this kind of speakers.

Any comments?

thank you

Attachments

• final_result.png
    final_result.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 500
  • final_result_speaker.png
    final_result_speaker.png
    26 KB · Views: 474
If that's 50hrs fresh from the box, it could be you're only partway to full driver break-in, and you could be finding the bass opening up in terms of depth and transient response

If you're using a CHR70.3 in a Pensil7.3 enclosure, it should be noted that the two are not the exact same size ( former is 1 1/2" deeper), and even after fully broken in, the CHR70 probably will not deliver the same bass as the 7.3.

and of course, mike placement can reveal as much about the room acoustics and enclosure location in relation to boundaries as it does to the speakers response

Though I didn't build Pensils, I did use 7.3's in my enclosures and it took over 100 hours until they settled into a nice sound. Now I really enjoy them. I do use a 8" sub with them but they have enough oomph on their own. Dave D. designed the venting for me which exits the rear through 4 rectangular vents. Love 'em.

The subwoofer i like (CSS SDX10) is not yet available again, promised soon, and would cost a lot to get to Europe.

Other woofers i have used are not woofers. I have been looking at a couple SB 10” woofers for a helper. Nice in 20 litre sealed and might go low enuff for your needs.

dave

Thank you Dave, and for the SB 10", could you indicate me a 20 litre cabinet design for DIY ?

thank you in advance and sorry for my questions :D

I’ll have to look up which 10” it is…. the box is just a sealed 20 litre box. You might be able to find a plastic bucket with 20 litre volume (or close) and make a bucket sub.

dave
thank you Dave, but I open the pensil and I found inside on the top wall (rear CHR driver) a 2.5 cm of dumping material!!!
I removed this material and now I have the bass again, and all sound different, more wide and not boxed as before.
at this point my new anwer is:
in the pensil project is indicated 410 gr of polyfill (14.7 ounces) but is for each box or 205 and 205?
Thank you

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.