• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Let's help Ruth and Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Without Dave's release date in mind and knowing that the world stops for no one, maybe it's time to help them out.
Thank you.

https://www.gofundme.com/for-ruth-dave

EDIT: Here's what I am going to do:
I will match all donations up to the $5,000 mark as I don't think that is anywhere near enough to cover the costs of what's to come. Since they have found themselves in a position of no fault of their own, I encourage you to join me and support this.
Thank you.

EDIT2:paypal: one of our Mods has offered his account and will accept the payment, forward that via his card to the donation site and name the donor, if you so wish.
carolinaudio@gmail.com

Last edited:
I'll continue to contribute my sweat equity to the site clean up and prepping for potential renovation, but the building fund can certainly use some assistance. Not detailed on Bonnie's page is that there was some structural damage after the last really heavy wet snow accumulation that is only partially covered by insurance.

Cal / Scott - you know that little creek bed on the north side of the house? Well, it's not so dry in the wintertime, and it took at least 3 evenings and a full Saturday to pull and sort the dozens of totes crushed in the debris of the collapsed deck and storage shelving that most folks didn't even know where there. Apparently CDs are more or less waterproof, but vinyl LPs and magazines - not so much.

VACATION NOTICE REMINDER

And, if I can add - Dave's symbiot will be out of the country on vacation from Mar 9 -24th, and may or may not lurk / post on the forums. It's been a bit of a long haul, and I wanna try and get more than 5hrs sleep a night for a couple of weeks.

Maui is starting to sound very appealing

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
What awful news! Here's to hoping he makes a full recovery and can get back to doing what he loves in short order.

Is it against forum rules to put this thread in the full range forum or a place that might get more exposure? I only saw and clicked on it out of curiosity because it was in the most recent threads list.

Last edited:
Of course let's help Dave and Ruth!

folks:

I unfortunately have no $$$'s ... but Dave has done so much for me.

I have suggested (to Ruth and Chris) that I would be willing to find my way to the Island and help physically trying to get some things going again for planet10-hifi, and to act as a labourer helping Dave gets things done (again physically) when he is released from the hospital(s). It is all that I can do at this point. I'd need a place to sleep, and a meal once in a while, but otherwise the costs would be negligible. I could also act as a liaison between customers and Chris/Ruth/Dave to help concentrate the inquiries and help new and existing customers.

Should my financial situation change, I would gladly donate whatever possible, as well as the above.

Thanks to Cal for this thread. So many have benefited from Dave's generosity, whether through direct actions (such as me) or his advise to all the members here at diyaudio.com (and particularly the fullrange forum members).

Thank you for following up on this.
I will be contributing whatever I can financially.
Being half a world away does not help a lot but I can also contribute some of my time should the planet10 endeavour need it.

Chrisb, if you think that my CAD skills can come in handy (or any other "soft" skill for that matter) please do let me know.

I owe Dave a lot of the information and knowledge I have gathered about full range drivers and he was a key actor in helping me kickstart my (tiny) speakers cottage business.

Staying in Kihei - Maui's a tiny enough island that you can pretty much visit as much as you want / can afford in two weeks. Gonna include a helicopter tour - according to Susan,, we don't spend a helluva lot on ourselves these days, and it's only $600 or so CDN for an hour - and at least one winery / distillery (per day?)

it's always five o'clock somewhere

chris: have a great holiday...

Hope you have a great trip Chris... but please don't ignore my offer. I would gladly help any way I could with planet10-hifi operations whether on the island physically or on the Internet in any capacity.

Cal, thank you for your generosity regarding matching contributions. I am sure Dave and Ruth will benefit from your generosity. Not everyone can afford to do this. You continue to inspire me to being a better person (you speaker dork).

For any that have never met Cal in person, all I can say he is by no means rich but is generous. We could all learn a thing or two from Dave, Chris, Cal, et al. If more folks were less concerned about themselves, the world truly would be a better place.

Every little bit will certainly help Dave and Ruth. Needs some stickies in other forums to direct members here as I'm sure that plenty would help if they knew. I only saw this as I have been following the other thread about his condition.

I also have an AAA but lucky it was picked up in a CT scan for another matter. I'm fortunate that I only need annual ultrasound monitoring.

Is it against forum rules to put this thread in the full range forum or a place that might get more exposure?
Hi Brian,
Good question. As this is not related to audio and raising funds through diyAudio is not necessarily in the spirit of the forums, we thought that with Ruth's permission, we could post it in Dave's own forum.
Trust me, I would love to post it elsewhere but we felt this was going to raise the fewest eyebrows.
Thanks for inquiring.

Very good of you Cal!

Having read what happened to Dave mentioned on the GoFundMe page, all I can sum is wow, just wow. You can just never know in this life when your otherwise normal day may change suddenly. It must have been very scary for Ruth to all of a sudden find Dave in a health crisis like that.. I think Jeff (Godzilla) also had a issue with his stomach some years back where he passed out and they found he was bleeding inside?

I've been going through unknown stomach issues as well, having a CT scan then an Ultrasound, and now set for a Endoscopy this coming Tues to see whats going on in there. Ugh! Anyhow...

I wish I was still living back in Victoria about 10 mins away from Dave's as before. I could have helped out with clearing the drive this present winter or whatever would be needed.

Even though we were mostly just acquaintances, I did enjoy Dave and Ruth's hospitality on a few occasions, and an extended afternoon of listening to some great music and chat with just Dave the first time we met.

We will do what we can re the Fund page, and as always prayers and blessings for Dave and Ruth..

PS. Chris, enjoy a well deserved holiday! Get some sleep, relax, and enjoy yourselves!

Status
Not open for further replies.