• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Let's help Ruth and Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I am now getting to distances that have me contemplating walking/hitching down the mountain to the shopping centre (about 6-7 km) and when contemplating how to get back, taxis were one option. I’m not using Siri yet.

Just yesterday i walked down to the mail boxes (about 2km) before getting picked up. That showed I have a ways to go before getting down doesn’t have a significant bit of hitching help.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
:^)

I thank you all.

The financial help really helped get us thru that period. Ruth got most of the benefit, but she was carrying the weight for a long time. Grab bars for me were the biggest boon.

I have been hard at the rehab, have lost enuff weight that i have to watch to make sure i eat enuff. Typically 8-12km a day walking.

Left leg is still gimped by getting better. Thighs are like steel. Slow thou. Symptoms of spinal stenosis cause some chronic pain thou, a recent development, seems CBD oil really helps.

Rehab & eyesight degrade due to blood loss during surgery, i am now semi-retired (i have a ton of speakers to move out the door, from free to cheap). Just doin gplans & drawings now, and trying to help those on the forum.

I am doing well, if somewhat poor.

I wil have to sell the house i have been in for over 40 years in the next few months and will have to move :^(

Covid has had little affect on my lifestyle (hermit) and i get vaccinated on Sunday (first dose anyway)

Any questions? Things you’d like me to expand on.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I also want to say that i could not of gotten here, first with the iPhone, when i discovered it would keep track of how g=far i had walked, and then the appleWatch which increased the metrics by many times. With something to gage my progress i could keep pushing my limits.

The new wrist computers are proving to be very useful in general health. I am eagar to see what happens when the same sort of paradigm shift comes to glasses.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I got an email today from a memeber "Sorry to read you are still struggling with your health”.

While i do have issues, they are minor in relation to where i was, and otherall i am doing very well.

Biggest issues are eating enuff to keep my weight up. I am eating lots. Not an issue i had when i was more sedentary. And the long-term issues with pain from spinal stenosis… seems currently under control using prescribed CBD oil and yoga.

dave

Dave, I found "kratom" has been the _only_ oral medicine capable of taking my back back "in" when it goes out, or just before it goes out. If I feel I've compressed my back (usually by doing something stupid with a heavy object) it's been my go-to, to prevent the upcoming spasm cycle.

I dont know what it'd do for spinal stenosis, and unsure if it's available where you are, but I thought I'd mention it. It's for sure some kind of nerve tonic and keeps mine from going over the top when I need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.