• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Let's help Ruth and Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update - also on the business. As one of these self-employed types, Dave's situation has had me mull over getting some form of "income insurance". That's an interesting consideration to have all of a sudden...

I'm glad to hear Dave and his business are doing reasonably well. Speaking of... He's the source of Frugalhorn flatpacks in Canada, isn't he? I might have a pair of drivers in need of Frugalhorns. No rush though. I'll be happy to support Dave's business that way.

Tom

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. I'm sending a Bentley Glow for her.

I lost my girl in 2015 and miss her dearly as has left a great void in my life. She was 14Y 2M 4D.

Attachments

• Niki2015.jpg
    Niki2015.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 492
Wonderful to hear that things improve, Dave.
I have been following this story from distance and I am happy for every small step in the right direction.
Sorry that you had to experience the loss of your dog during these circumstances, it is never easy to loose anyone, dog, friend, family but if you are not well yourself then things are tougher.

Keep up the improvements!

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Thanx all for the well wishes.

I continue to improve.

I abandoned the 4-wheel walker some time ago, and am now using a cane when i go out, but hobble around with no aids when in the house.

A week after next is my last days of official hospital rehabilitation. They have done as much as they can. We have gotten a treadmill and in addition i will have more ercises to add to those i already do.

In a recent 6-min walk test i made 1.95 mph with cane, normal walking speed is 2.5-4 mph so i still have a ways to go. Started last week to be brave enuff to go for a short walk over less than flat terrain.

Still suffering from near constant nerve pain in my feet & lower legs, but i have good drugs to alleviate that. Based on original estimates still 6-12 months to go before that is healed. The gimp foot that is waiting for that has gone from 0 (no response) up to 1 (a twitch — on a scale where 5 is normal) over the 7 months in outpatient rehab.

dave

Status
Not open for further replies.