• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Let's help Ruth and Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very hesitant to go into details, but Bonnie's treatise rather opened the door
It was a VERY close call, and recovery is still going slowly.
Saw himself yesterday, and most of that Davish glint and what passes for coherency is back
(I'm allowed at least that much).
He's able to get into and out of the wheelchair quite nimbly - still relatively short excursions on a walker, and fussy enough about food to complain about the only 3 or 4 items on the menu worth the effort.
Ever enjoyed hospital food?

Well, at least I don't think it'll kill ya - they have professionals to ensure it's suitable for your condition. Making it safe, ready in substantial quantities on schedule can't be an easy task- but clearly having it look or taste like "food" you'd willing pay for is clearly a skill not readily trained or industrialized. And while you don't receive a little slip after each dining experience, you're paying far more for that hospital meal than you can imagine, and on any side of any border, those accounting for, and receiving income for the service probably want to keep those numbers on an encrypted sub-ledger

A fish taco food truck in the parking lot would probably have a lineup around the block.

But, back to Dave - thanks on behalf of Ruth and myself for the well wishes here and elsewhere - it means a lot to us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.