• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Let's help Ruth and Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I've been away for a few years and just saw this. Glad Dave's recovering well. He's a great guy. About 6 years ago he and I were occasionally chatting on the forum about amps and speakers. He heard I was going on vacation in his area and invited me to stop by for a visit! I was too busy and not exactly in his area so never took him up on that offer.. But still, it has always stuck w/ me that there's a good welcoming person I could visit if I found myself with some time in the northwest.
The internet and people who use it (in places like this forum) are really amazing. You've all basically given me a free education in EE and continually renew my faith in humanity.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
:)

I continue slow & steady improvement. I “graduated” from out-patient physio, they figured that my visits there would do no more than my just keeping up excerises at home. During the last week i did the standard “speed tests”. In the 6 minute walk i hit 1.95 mph using a cane and kept up a very steady rate. Normal is 2.5-4 mph. On the last day i did 30 min at 2.5 mph on the treadmill, but with the handholds i can maintain a much better gait.

I love to have people come up to the mountain to talk & to listen to whatever we have hatched up.

Thanx for everyone’s continued support.

dave

hatche dup? I thought I was fairly fluent in Davish, but that's got me stumped ;) - hooked up, I guess?

I probably get to see Dave in the flesh more than anyone posting here, and his progress is gradual, but all positive so far. No more climbing ladders or lugging 28Kg packages any time soon, though.

Challenge!!!

Folks,

Bumping this thread because I just found out about Dave's situation. I haven't been around as much as I used to be.

Dave's a good guy who's been around here and contributed for a long time. Thought I'd challenge folks to also give what they can to help out if you haven't already done so (or even if you have). It's a huge bummer that could happen to any of us. It takes a long time to recover from something like this and the expenses are huge.

Fundraiser for Ruth de Fehr by Bonnie Scott : For Ruth & Dave

Hang in there Dave! Keep getting better...

Kind regards,

Steve

Last edited:
You're welcome!

I lost a buddy to exactly what you had happen. I learned afterwards that most folks don't make it through it. You're damn lucky!

Do yourself a favor and keep up on the physio even when you don't feel like it. It'll make a big difference in the long run. Lot's of small steps and patience...

My thoughts are with you. Hang tough and keep on, keepin' on....

Steve

Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Yes i was lucky. Some of the best vascular surgeons in Canada, and they said it was 50/50 when i was on the table. A nurse later siad that i must have stuff yet to accomplish to live thru it.

Phsio is self directed now, and everyday i have been getting outside and each day push myself further. Walking up the hills is harder than coming back down :^) walking on unevern terrain (something i couldn’t even do a few months ago) i have to be very careful, but it is really imporving my balance.

dave

A nurse later siad that i must have stuff yet to accomplish to live thru it.

Yeah, I'm sure you do. I'm also sure the wife is eyeing the snow shovel for next winter as part of your rehab program. That and the honey-do list that has maxed out the her patience. You can never die at this point, there are too many projects waiting...

I'm thinking 4 or 5 beers might help correct the balance issues at least in the short term. Maybe they'll even everything out.

And a bit of bacon grease will help keep the new pipes properly lubed. That vegan crap rusts everything...

:cheers: :yummy:

Don't mind me, I'm always a great influence....

Now if we cuold olny do somtehnig avout yuor tyipng, yuo'd be goledn. :)

:D

Last edited:
franlky I find that tube a royal ain in the pass on my phone /tablet - particularly when speed texting with out of country family members on WhatsApp.

most of Dave's typos are actually easy enough to finger out - but after almost 20yrs, it's still sometimes hard to figure out exactly what he's trying to say

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
… Dave's typos ...

I took Grade 11 math instead of Grade 10 typing… at the time i thot i would have no need to type, but was i wrong. Most are from being one key to the left or right of intended or hitting the wrong key 1st and getting them backward. I see alot of instances of the space that is supposed to be after the “e” in the coming before the “e” and becoming the start of the next word.

dave

Status
Not open for further replies.