• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

NOTICE: Planet10 operations

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks, Frank - I definitely qualify as feeling older and more decrepit than my years.

Yes, some pretty nice beaches on the island

I was never a big fan of swimming, although the last time we did Maui - with our kids about 25yrs ago, we got in some delightful snorkeling in a sheltered beach, as well as a cruise and snorkel to Molokini.

Although the very early morning start was a bit tough, the sunrise on Haleakala was the closest I've had to a spiritual experience. For the rest of the family, it was just cold and crowded. The road to Hana wasn't much fun to drive - you daren't take your eyes off the road for a second, and there are no scenic pullouts, but I thought the black beaches and pools at Ohe'o were definitely worth the trip.

This time around, probably some visits to the wineries as well.

Big beach is ok if you like the quiet life. Lousy swimming though with the beach being so steep.
I do like the portable lifeguard tower. I thinks that's great. Fully towable. Too bad I don't seem to have a pic. Hey Michael and Fred, recognize this view?

Attachments

• IMG_2736.jpg
    IMG_2736.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 304
Well, not yet old enough to be retired - I apparently need to wait another couple of years until she qualifies for full CPP benefits - but I'm definitely getting there

Please don't get me fantasizing about the happiness that Susan could theoretically draw out of me - she gave that up years ago, but at least hasn't expunged my memories of our first couple of decades, or turned off my internet service yet.

Yes Cal that's where my lovely wife about drowned on our 40th anniversary trip. I was 10 feet away and could do nothing about her inability to deal with that nasty shore break, being caught in the thing myself. Those lifeguards see it every day.
We will swim elsewhere next time.

Mt. Trashmore, Va.

Big beach is ok if you like the quiet life. Lousy swimming though with the beach being so steep.
I do like the portable lifeguard tower. I thinks that's great. Fully towable. Too bad I don't seem to have a pic.
Hey Michael and Fred, recognize this view?

Hi there Cal: Not my beach, Mount Trashmore, highest point in Virginia Beach tops out at 60 feet above MSL and is miles from the beach. The beach was originally white sand, however the Corps of Engineers replenished the sand with brown sand dredged from a nearby ship channel. ...regards, Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.