• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

NOTICE: Planet10 operations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's a relief to hear.

Speedy and complete recovery!

It's interesting that we're often "like ships passing in the night".
Separated by an ocean of time and space usually.
Throwing bottles with messages, sending light signals when close enough, doing Morse code on shortwave to each other - in the form of these (and other forums).

Some do get to meet at events or if they live close enough.
Otherwise, more often then not we don't know what anyone looks like, and in some cases much if anything about them!

Turns out that I happened to have been on the basslist, and rec.audio.xxx, as well as the early days of audio asylum...

So many of us have actually crossed paths online, read each others thoughts, and even communicated directly...

I've shared comments and discussed things with David and read his comments via a "back channel" means too...

...but even so, I don't really know him. And, few if any people on here actually know me either.

So, when something like this happens, it's sobering.
When Jean Michel L'Cleach (did I speel it right?) passed away suddenly, I personally felt a loss and the lost opportunity to actually meet him being snatched away.

Isolation is good when you are setting up a turntable's platform, but not so good when sharing the passion for DIY audio. I wish there was a way for all of us to have deeper and more meaningful contact and interaction...

Speedy and full recovery, David!

I think the biggest favor we can do for Dave and Ruth, and ultimately ourselves right now is to let him continue to heal fully. It'll be while yet before he's ready for visitors, much less a laptop, and I know as soon as the fog of sedation fully lifts he'll be going crazy - particularly if denied his Turkish coffee, but this is probably the best time to trust the doctors and nurses.

Having recently gone through an exciting year with my wife's condition I know that while rockstar surgeons can helipcopter in to perform their special magic tricks, if not for the around the clock care of nurses of all genders, a lot of patients would not be rejoining their loved ones.

Being of good stock he's certainly "Strong like bull, smart like truck", but we all have our limits, and don't always see our own until almost too late.

I think the biggest favor we can do for Dave and Ruth, and ultimately ourselves right now is to let him continue to heal fully. It'll be while yet before he's ready for visitors, much less a laptop, and I know as soon as the fog of sedation fully lifts he'll be going crazy - particularly if denied his Turkish coffee, but this is probably the best time to trust the doctors and nurses.

I agree. I have personally been lectured by doctors about the perils of leaving the hospital prematurely.:D For some reason, they don't want to see you return.

jeff

Latest update:
Dave is awake and talking. He wants to get back into the swing of things but they are holding him back for his recovery. I get the feeling he has a little extra inner strength that is allowing him to return to normal faster than maybe someone else.
I am very pleased to be able to bring you guys only good news so far.
Cheers. :cheers:

Excellent!

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

What ChrisB says...anesthesia can take weeks to come out of, and we can just take our time filling in for Dave in our own ways as he comes back to us. This being Thanksgiving week in the US, I'll just offer my particular gratitude to him for clarifying what MJK and GA codified around the turn of the century, which was the missing basis for how and why TL enclosures work. I heard it back in the seventies in Portland, and built a bunch of boxes which all were 4:1 tapered pipes loosely based on the Bailey TL. The thing that he does, along with the other moderators, is moderate. Not as simple as it sounds, given the provocations offered by some forum members. I wouldn't be able to do it

Fred M

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~snip~~~~~~~~~~~~
The thing that he does, along with the other moderators, is moderate. Not as simple as it sounds, given the provocations offered by some forum members. I wouldn't be able to do it

Fred M

Fred,

I have found that the worst of the Agents Provacateur is none other than that Blackguard and Cad: Cal Weldon!

The Saintly One:
Terry:cool:

exceptional is the most decorous term I could think of to describe our friend mr W. - in other words, there are multiple facets to his personality and phyisognomy

We've seen each other at our "Fest" best and worst, and I'm sure he and SCD would agree that appraisal goes both ways.

I'm hoping for a new update on Dave's condition from Ruth later this afternoon.

As of 14:00 PST, short synopsis is - stable, under observation, getting a bit cranky after coming out of full sedation. Those of you who know Dave as well as I will understand how difficult it's going to be for him to try and focus on one thing at a time - accepting the permanency of his new normal - and not trying to multi-task 8 things at once.

Ruth needs our best wishes and positive vibes as much as the patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.