• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Mark Audio Pluvia Seven Mar-Ken Sketches

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
And an old snap-shot of the cad file for the same box:

Attachments

• fe127e fonken rear shot.jpg
    fe127e fonken rear shot.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 618
Jeff's photo and sketch show it pretty well

It was 3 pair that one session. I hope this photo shows how the port divider strips extend to the back panel, as well as shows the cleat for insetting of back panel. Top panel was applied last in this build.

Attachments

• Fonken Assembly 002.jpg
    Fonken Assembly 002.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 605
ChrisB, I am planning my next build...looking for drawings to build the trapezoid version of an Onken for an Alpair10M. I understand this drawing is part of the paid plan-set...do I need to wait until Dave is well and back in the saddle again or do you have that ability?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
A11MS drops into FHXL. There is a Pensil, i haven’t drawn it yet.

2 different designs, 2 different targets. Pensil is larger, Compact Floorstander is compact with the tight elegant bass of a miniOnken… but it only goes as low as it goes.

Pensil plans are free, CGR is a small part of a much larger set and costs money.

Both are good (because the Mark Audio driver is so good).

dave

A11MS drops into FHXL. There is a Pensil, i haven’t drawn it yet.

2 different designs, 2 different targets. Pensil is larger, Compact Floorstander is compact with the tight elegant bass of a miniOnken… but it only goes as low as it goes.

Pensil plans are free, CGR is a small part of a much larger set and costs money.

Both are good (because the Mark Audio driver is so good).

dave

I'm not sure if the trapezoid compact floor stander is the CGR you're referring to but I wouldn't mind paying for a 11MS version of it !

I'm hoping to put a Pluvia 7 in a milli-sized cabinet. I see the underlying 240x143x149 inner dimensions and I can adapt that for my particle board (something like 16.5mm thick). I see the 12mm gap between the shelf and the back wall and the 12mm high vent spacers, but I wonder about the port tuning.

mMarKel70 has two 47mm wide vents (25mm center fill + 12mm side fills), mMarKen6 has the same. mFonken has two 64mm wide vents (15mm center fill). The sketch in this thread for mMarKenP7 looks like it has much narrower vents, though.

If the P7 is very close to the EL70, should I stick with the same vent widths as mMarKel70? Or has the milli-sized P7 design been tweaked some other way?

Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Officially the details are part of the paid planset, but for the details (and a 47mm centre vent spacer) the mMar-Kel70 is the same. The difference comes about due to the evolution of the miniOnken tuning (for the really small boxes).

Do note that for your placement, sealed could well be a better match to your room gain (i am making an assumption based on your particle board reference). The vented box might well have a bump at the bottom — which you may like. You can always push the vented box closer to sealed by putting open cel foam in the vents if that is the case.

dave

Do note that for your placement, sealed could well be a better match to your room gain (i am making an assumption based on your particle board reference). The vented box might well have a bump at the bottom — which you may like. You can always push the vented box closer to sealed by putting open cel foam in the vents if that is the case.

Yes, you remembered correctly, these are for use up against a wall. :)

I think that I may make them with vents so that I can experiment with plugging up those vents to experience the difference. A sock is the classic choice, right? ;)

Thanks for your generosity here on the forums and on your website. I'm almost ready to drop $90 on drivers!

-Neil N0FN

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.