Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Planet 10 hifi Home of the Frugal-phile™ - Planet 10 HiFi

Old 14th July 2018, 02:26 AM   #31
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Mark Audio Pluvia Seven Mar-Ken Sketches
A11MS drops into FHXL. There is a Pensil, i haven’t drawn it yet.

2 different designs, 2 different targets. Pensil is larger, Compact Floorstander is compact with the tight elegant bass of a miniOnken… but it only goes as low as it goes.

Pensil plans are free, CGR is a small part of a much larger set and costs money.

Both are good (because the Mark Audio driver is so good).

dave
Old 14th July 2018, 03:04 AM   #32
anorphirith is offline anorphirith
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
A11MS drops into FHXL. There is a Pensil, i haven’t drawn it yet.

2 different designs, 2 different targets. Pensil is larger, Compact Floorstander is compact with the tight elegant bass of a miniOnken… but it only goes as low as it goes.

Pensil plans are free, CGR is a small part of a much larger set and costs money.

Both are good (because the Mark Audio driver is so good).

dave
I'm not sure if the trapezoid compact floor stander is the CGR you're referring to but I wouldn't mind paying for a 11MS version of it !
Old 14th July 2018, 03:18 AM   #33
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
trapezoid compact floor stander is the CGR
CGR = Compact Floorstander

The same. Trapezoid is an early monikor abandoned so as not to be confused with the full-on trapezoidl miniOnkens.

dave
Old 14th July 2018, 03:40 AM   #34
anorphirith is offline anorphirith
diyAudio Member

Quote:
CGR = Compact Floorstander

The same. Trapezoid is an early monikor abandoned so as not to be confused with the full-on trapezoidl miniOnkens.

dave
I'm very confused, I'm new to all this and don't know all the designs names.
I'm just hoping to get this
http://www.planet10-hifi.com/planset...p7-extents.gif
in a 11MS version if possible

cheers!
Old 14th July 2018, 03:42 AM   #35
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

I haven’t seen any data for it yet so i can’t check designs. But it will likely fit into something the same but different in detail.

dave
Old 24th July 2018, 09:46 PM   #36
drneilmb is offline drneilmb  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm hoping to put a Pluvia 7 in a milli-sized cabinet. I see the underlying 240x143x149 inner dimensions and I can adapt that for my particle board (something like 16.5mm thick). I see the 12mm gap between the shelf and the back wall and the 12mm high vent spacers, but I wonder about the port tuning.

mMarKel70 has two 47mm wide vents (25mm center fill + 12mm side fills), mMarKen6 has the same. mFonken has two 64mm wide vents (15mm center fill). The sketch in this thread for mMarKenP7 looks like it has much narrower vents, though.

If the P7 is very close to the EL70, should I stick with the same vent widths as mMarKel70? Or has the milli-sized P7 design been tweaked some other way?

Last edited by drneilmb; 24th July 2018 at 09:59 PM.
Old 24th July 2018, 10:01 PM   #37
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Officially the details are part of the paid planset, but for the details (and a 47mm centre vent spacer) the mMar-Kel70 is the same. The difference comes about due to the evolution of the miniOnken tuning (for the really small boxes).

Do note that for your placement, sealed could well be a better match to your room gain (i am making an assumption based on your particle board reference). The vented box might well have a bump at the bottom — which you may like. You can always push the vented box closer to sealed by putting open cel foam in the vents if that is the case.

dave
Old 24th July 2018, 10:29 PM   #38
drneilmb is offline drneilmb  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Do note that for your placement, sealed could well be a better match to your room gain (i am making an assumption based on your particle board reference). The vented box might well have a bump at the bottom — which you may like. You can always push the vented box closer to sealed by putting open cel foam in the vents if that is the case.

Yes, you remembered correctly, these are for use up against a wall.

I think that I may make them with vents so that I can experiment with plugging up those vents to experience the difference. A sock is the classic choice, right?

Thanks for your generosity here on the forums and on your website. I'm almost ready to drop $90 on drivers!

-Neil N0FN

Mark Audio Pluvia Seven Mar-Ken SketchesHide this!Advertise here!