• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Pensil 10.3 vs FHxl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think it's safe to say that above 300 -400 HZ, they'd pretty much sound very similar, but the the FH's rear mouth horn provides a more spacious, blossoming sound stage than the Pensil.

TBH, I've not directly compared the Pensil10.3 to FHXL, but have heard each of them independently, and lived with Pensil7s and FH3 with a variety of drivers over a period of several years.

Even though my own domestic situation doesn't allow it, given the opportunity of floor space / suitability to the room, I'd pick the FHs or even larger designs (Maeshowe, Silbery) every time.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
FH-family-photos.jpg

dave

Cool, thank you very much! :)

Which is the correct model for the alpair 10.3? The FHXL?
Can I buy some spikes to decouple it from the floor?
Regarding the sound quality, does it matter where to place the cable connectors?

So I guess that the FHXL is the best enclosure for the 10.3, right?
I think it's time to get the WAF... ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.