• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Mark Audio Alpair 10.x/FF165wk compact Floorstander Intro & Questions

I've been reading this post (and many others) with interest. I'm looking for an enclosure for a pair of A10.2's. They will be used as mains for music (wide range, Bach up to Indy Rock). If all goes well and I might also add a sub to combine for HT, but that's not a given. The room is 6mx6m (20x20feet) and I will be combining with a Marantz AV-receiver.
It's a first time build, so I'm looking for a tried and tested design. The Pensils and FH's footprint is a bit to big.. So far my eye wondered towards the M10-A10 or Mar-Kens. Different enclosures of course, floorstander vs stand mount. From what I read, the M10-A10 has more base and Mar-Ken more control.
Back on topic: any comparisons between the two yet? Does the larger box give the Trap FS more base?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
A pair in solid woods by Bernie (mahogany), outfitted with FF165wKen -- the pictures hide much of the varigation of the wood, they look even better in person.

Vent is out the bottom on these ones.

Fonken165-CFS-inRoom.jpg

Fonken165-CFS-detail.jpg

There is a thread (that i have lost track of) where i was to comment on the FF165wk once i had given them a listen....

They sound very nice. Stock drivers are good, treated drivers just that much better. They do not seem to have the peakiness that is a bother with stock FF125.

dave

Thanks everyone.
This is the third pair I've built, the first two were with the EL70 driver.
For anyone considering this build it's a lot of fun and quite easy, with the port being able to be placed in different spots. I look forward to a comparison with Chris's Alpair10 version.
Thanks Dave great design.

Bernie