• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Fonken for Fe103?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm sure I remember a mention of a fonken for the Fostex FE103E a few years ago was it the 'mili' or 'micro' or have I just dreamt it?? If so are there any dimensional changes to the port length etc? I ask because I have just had a pair returned to me after a few years on loan - they never quite worked in a couple of boxes I tried them in but that was before I discovered the Fonkens!!

There is a mFonken103. Same as a mFonken for the FE127 but with a shortened vent shelf... i have no drawings.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full...sktop-speaker-project-fe103e.html#post2152831

dave

I would think that if someone wanted an mFonken with this size driver, they would be much better off picking the much overlooked Fostex FF105WK. Some have described it as an FF85WK with bass and without the issues of the stock FF125WK which can of course be fixed. I haven't heard it though. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I would use FF105 over FE103. We have yet to try it in anything but Vampyr-V.

blue-vampyr-V-comp.jpg

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/223385-woden-vampyr-v.html

dave

That is a very nice looking floor stander but I think it may be too Fonken big to sit on top of a computer. Perhaps a big brother to the uFonken might be in the future?

I'd imagine the 105 would drop quite nicely into a "milli"sized enclosure - e.g. the plain birch boxes under left bottom corner of TV in the photo above is FF125WK IINM

Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I'd imagine the 105 would drop quite nicely into a "milli"sized enclosure - e.g. the plain birch boxes under left bottom corner of TV

In that same picture on the far right, the natural cherry boxes with the EL70 and the port-wine cherry with the red A6p are also millis.

FF105 should work well in a milli, and maybe in the centiSize boxes (none exist yet, but will be the big box for the A6p)

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.