• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Twin cabinet for CHR

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Mr.Dave,

I plan to build twin cabinet for MA CHR but wonder which one to choose castle or flat front? I have just look at a picture of "our CHR-Ken @ VI diyFest 2010" and seen very beautiful twin cabinet, can you please advice what is it, which drivers, how they sound to compare with FHMk3, is it free or paid drawing?
Thanks
Ha

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The only Twin cabinets we've built are the microTowers. A set of front & back bipoles with CHR70 and Castles with EL70. I personally like the castles and that is what most people have built.

I am unaware of anyone building Twin CHR-Ken, but Twin Mar-Kel has been done at least 2x -- one of those in a castle arrangment.

And then there is Toppsy's Twin Mar-Ken10.

microTower plans are free, CHR-Ken plans cost,
How big is your room and what kind of amp do you have?

dave

Hi Mr.Dave,
Thanks for your reply. I have seen the twin in "fonken-style box nomenclature... what is with those names?page 3).
Anyway, my bedroom is WxLxH:5.5x6x3.2m and I am using Cayin A-50T, Rega P3-24,...
Can you please suggest which cabinet I should use.
Thanks

Hi,
I've used the MA doubletill plans (still found on the CSS website under "downloads") and am pleased with them. They use twin CHR g1's however and don't know if they'll work with the g3s currently sold...maybe someone can comment on this.
Mario

Attachments

• doubletill2.jpg
    doubletill2.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 316
Hi Mr.Dave,
Thanks for your reply. I have seen the twin in "fonken-style box nomenclature... what is with those names?page 3).
Anyway, my bedroom is WxLxH:5.5x6x3.2m and I am using Cayin A-50T, Rega P3-24,...
Can you please suggest which cabinet I should use.
Thanks

if you have the floor and wall space above the speaker location, I can highly recommend the Castle micro-tower

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.