• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Adding a woofer into a Pensil enclosure? FAST /WAW project with active crossovers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Would it be possible to add in a mid woofer like a CSS SDX7 or a EL166 to a Pensil enclosure?

I've been experimenting with an ESP Linkwitz Riley active crossover at 300Hz with my Pensil 10.2 handling the higher frequencies with my KT88 SET and a TA2020 digital amp for the bottom frequencies thro an old KEF Cresta 2 bookshelves. I quite like what I hear with the bass reinforcement but will shift the XO frequencies to around 150-200Hz to make use of the Alpair 10.2's excellent mids.

Now what is bothering me is the extra 2 sets of speakers that does not integrate well into the living room and the domestic controller.

Edwin

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Trying to reuse the Pensil box would be non-optimal, but could be done if you have a removable back (and left out the holey brace).

You would need to partition of a smallish enclosure for the A10.2 -- i'd suggust about 10 litres. Then modify what is left to accomodate the woofer. SDX7 works nicely in 14-17 litres sealed.

Where you can put a partition is limited to just under the A10, leaving about 20 litres for the A10 and 46 litre for the bass driver.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.