• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

EnABL EL70

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Dave,

Would you be willing to share any info about how to apply the EnABL2 process to the EL70 drivers? I just bought a pair, and have Ed's kit. Was planning on just using your photos and the general advice... but any particulars would be greatly appreciated (like... do you pre-coat the paper cones, how many coats of clear do you apply after the dots, how diluted, etc)?

Thanks in advance for any support.

Neil

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
With EL70 i do one coat of pretreat with mod-podge, care needs to be taken to get full coverage. Be careful not to get finger oil on cone...

Then you'll need to tap out the ring placement. I do the middle cone ring in stealth. 2 coats of 50% gloss (q on dustcap)

Dustcap gets 3 1/2 rings. One on the vertical face, one right on the transition, and one on the face.

I use A5 and #56 for the rings,

dave

That info and the pictures should get you there.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.