Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Planet 10 hifi Home of the Frugal-phile™ - Planet 10 HiFi

Old 9th September 2011, 06:47 AM   #11
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Compact Enclosures for Alpair 6M
The room Chris is talking i would call mediumish... his man cave is smallish. Mine on the other hand is large, bu tat least one of Chris' siblings has one i've heard desctibed as gigantic.

dave
Old 9th September 2011, 12:19 PM   #12
oldloder is offline oldloder  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
We built the big enclosure (3.6L) for the A6M. Works well.

3" driver audition Fostex/Mark Audio

dave
That's such a nice looking lineup ... and bet it sounds at least as good as it looks! Is there a box plan for the 3.6L I've missed?
Old 9th September 2011, 04:42 PM   #13
chrisb is offline chrisb
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman01 View Post
320 sq ft is smallish?? Maybe in the North American continent , but most places elsewhere it would be considered largish I guess.

-Zia

Edit: Probably we can lose the "ish" is largish
In the true spirit of conspicuous consumption, some of the Ten Mile Point or Willis Point "cottages" have walk-in closets in the master-suite larger than that. OTOH, my son has made a deposit on a 1BR condo to be completed in a couple of years that will be 720sq ft, including deck.
Old 9th September 2011, 05:53 PM   #14
chrisb is offline chrisb
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldloder View Post
That's such a nice looking lineup ... and bet it sounds at least as good as it looks! Is there a box plan for the 3.6L I've missed?

There are indeed many more plans drawn than this ole boy will ever get around to building just for fun, and some that are included in detailed subscription plan sets. In this particular line-up

Click the image to open in full size.

the enclosures left to right on the floor are: mFonken with FF85WK (~2L), CGR-Mar-Ken6m*with Alpair 6Metal (3.6L), 2 pairs of mMar-Ken6 with A6P (~5L) , and book-ended by mFonken with FF85K

the units on stands are mFonken / FF85K in bamboo plywood - by our calculation more net cubic volume of wood in these than air inside the box

* see attached PDF - note that front to back holey brace not indicated on this drawing, nor do I generally take photos during assembly, but we pretty take that as a given - even with a driver as diminutive as the A6s, some bracing is very beneficial

Last edited by chrisb; 9th September 2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 9th September 2011, 07:18 PM   #15
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Compact Enclosures for Alpair 6M
An updated today version of the pdf Chris had posted and refers to (cleaned some stuff up, added some detail)

I haven't got the link up yet on the site, so here is the Classic Golden Ratio cmMar-Ken6.2M plans.

http://p10hifi.net/tlinespeakers/FAL...1v0-090911.pdf

These are the free plans.

dave

Compact Enclosures for Alpair 6MHide this!Advertise here!