• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

miniOnken/Fonken Picture Gallery

What about joining some 1/16" ply at 90deg to make little prisms? Would that cut into the volume? The void under each one could be filled with foam/felt with each one turned 90deg to the one beside it. I'll do a diagram when I can get to the computer. I don't want to go too crazy, but it's fun to try stuff out!

Kyle

Hello,

Just got one side of my floor standing Mar-Kel70s together. The sound is right along Dave's description of sounding like book shelf version. I am very pleased. The baffle will remain unsealed until the second side is built so I can properly assess the stuffing.

Kyle

Attachments

• IMG_8279.JPG
    IMG_8279.JPG
    435.8 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_8281.JPG
    IMG_8281.JPG
    419 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_8282.JPG
    IMG_8282.JPG
    499.5 KB · Views: 497
Thank you. I lucked out with some Baltic birch that had some nice grain on it. The plan is to trim all round and chamfer the baffle edges. I am undecided as to whether I will veneer the cut edges. I'll have to see what it looks like. The top and sides are mitered together so they frame the baffle nicely. I am hoping to finish the wood with something called Osmo. A friend used it on his butcher-block counter top and it looks fantastic. I'll post results when I try some out.

Kyle

Thank you. I lucked out with some Baltic birch that had some nice grain on it. The plan is to trim all round and chamfer the baffle edges. I am undecided as to whether I will veneer the cut edges. I'll have to see what it looks like. The top and sides are mitered together so they frame the baffle nicely. I am hoping to finish the wood with something called Osmo. A friend used it on his butcher-block counter top and it looks fantastic. I'll post results when I try some out.

Kyle

Have you used the Osmo product before? I think that's the same material Bernie used on some boxes for Dave - nice look for a clear finish, and I understand very durable - as any finish intended to survives much time casa P-10 would need be.

you know what I'm talking about

Have you used the Osmo product before? I think that's the same material Bernie used on some boxes for Dave - nice look for a clear finish, and I understand very durable - as any finish intended to survives much time casa P-10 would need be.

you know what I'm talking about

I don't know what Bernie uses but the finish looks simmilar. It goes on like an oil but looks a little like a varnish when dried. Dogs, kids, Dave; it's a lot to take!

FWIW, I got a virtually immediate message and updated link from Dave. Hard to get any better service than that.

Fastbike - The set I have is dated May15, 2012. I subscribed this past spring so I got a very up to date set. I think you get all the updates once subscribed, maybe send Dave a PM? This floor standing design and the trapezoidal designs are fairly new I think.

Kyle