• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

miniOnken/Fonken Picture Gallery

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
A pair of uFonken that showed up at DIY 2011 in Gothenburg, Sweden.

diy2011Gothenburg-SE-uFonken-crop.jpg

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Bamboo Fonkens. These have a story. Chris did these as a personal build. He took them to the last VSAC wher ehe shared a room with George Wright. George left with the Fonken, and Chris came home with a pair of 300B monos. When George realized his time was coming, the bamboo Fonken ended up with Bud Purvine.

bamboo-fonken.jpg

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Where do you get your 'case badges'? Are those your planet10 logo or something else? Look sharp anyway.

I get them made (somewhere in the US midwest, the sam eguys that do the Bottlehead badges). They are the logo for our speakers. It is a phi (symbol for golden ratio), on a rectangle with a root(2):1 aspect. The phi is also an allusion to the farcical name of the speaker company a budy & i formed in University. Gork & Merkle McPhee.

phi-logo-wBorder.gif

dave

just want to report back, by now I have stained my and used it every night for a few weeks, these little guys really open up now, I was listening to some good CDs and I can honestly say that I did not miss the bass all that much ...

Having said that, I have tried to pair it up with a little 8" REL sub and give it a listen last night and boy ... if I get the crossover setup nicely, it's so seamless and when I get the lowest of note I get some bass in authority.

These are great stuff, I love them so much, can't wait to get my FH3. :)

My CHR-Kens

I built them out of curiosity, and ended up surprised and impressed. Nice bass extension, great bass articulation, mids are very clear. The speakers also disappear very nicely. Drivers are Planet10 CHR-70.2eN. Finally got them stained and finished about a week back...

Attachments

• CHR-Kens complete.jpg
    CHR-Kens complete.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,091
Last edited: