• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

planet10-hifi miniOnken Plan-Set Subscriptions

In wall option

I have built a centre speaker based on one of the free designs, using a Pluvia 7.2 HD, and am very happy with it...

I do vagueley remember seeing something, but haven't been able to find it

Are there any plans available for in wall I am helping a friend on a new build dedicated HT, happy to subscribe if they are available.

Hello Dave.

I have built uFonken few years ago.
Markaudio Om-mf5 instead of ff85wk.
I am looking back this speaker because with Nelson Pass amplifier,It sounds really good especially late at night.
Om-mf5 is not my taste like alpair so I want to replace driver.
My question is: is it still ff85wk is best driver or if I can replace Fe-83nv,alpair5v3,SS10F or something?

I feel like I needed to build frugel horn for replacing
drivers these days...

Attachments

• 16224708598636873548356833469607.jpg
    16224708598636873548356833469607.jpg
    966.4 KB · Views: 464
Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Those are the small 2 litre uFonken?

The FF85wk wil have the right tuning, but Alpair 5.2/5/3/CHN-50 Faital 3FRx fit the same size box, the big bezel on the Alpairs might be an issue, i made the official 2 litre uMar-Ken a bit wider. The tunign would need to change a bit if you don’t use FF85wk.

Stock the A5.2/3 have an edge on the FF85wk but there are some simple (but non-reversable tweaks you can do to them to bring them closer). Fully treated and EnABLed FF85wKeN and A5.2/3eN are VERY close.

FH-Lite drags the most bottom out of these small drivers. All too often people come back to hear them as opposed to the larger ones, not believing what they are hearing.

dave