• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

planet10-hifi miniOnken Plan-Set Subscriptions

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
tannoy hpd295/8

This is also called the Tannoy Gold?

I did a miniOnken for those, using specs i had to measure. I have found measured numbers do not get me to the proper size cabinet as if starting from good factory numbers.

The cabinet turned out to be too small (or noit tuned low enuff), they sounded decent, somewhat overemphasized at the bottom, i am sure the original XO committed many sins.

tannoy-monsterMiniOnken.jpg

Trying agai, with a larger cabinet, would take some guessing. Might need a bit of vent tuning.

The additional data GM posted should help.

dave

Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I don’t know if it was ever built. Wouild require 4 x Alpair 10.2.

Colin did build the original rectangular for the A10(.1).

P8110206-1.JPG

They have a false bottom, so as tall as you’d like. The Trapezoids are taller, the one for the A10.2 x 2 is just over a metre. That would work size wize for teh A10p, rthe A10.3 or MAOP 10.2 would be about 13/17ths the height (vents would need to change in both cases)

The driver smost often used in the microTower have more bass extention potential (how much depends somewhat on the driver used), and the cabinet is desogned top push bass extention. Probably lower than any MK10-something except for the A10.2 which was the bass extention champ which might go as low — until the A12pw came out.

dave