• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Frugel-Horn Mk3 flat-paks

I was wondering about price and availability of the MK3 Flat paks? I saw something like $270 on the original page but that was awhile ago.

And if I could be a complete pain for a second. Do you sell flat packs of any of the other models? I am going to be putting it in a huge room, basically its a open floorplan type setup and I think a 8" driver would be more suitable with the extension of a TL.

Thanks for you help, I tried PM'ing or I could just email your site if you would prefer, thanks,

-Ed

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
FH3 flat-paks are $290 USD/pr. Usually there is a queue, but we are near the 1st of a fresh batch so i actually have stock.

We are slowly ramping up production of Frugel-Horn XL flat-paks ($390 USD/pr). We have shipped a few of those.

We will do special orders for larger flat-oaks but shipping becomes a major complication. They are too large to ship by Canada Post so it means a courier. That is more expensive and would require customs clearance at your end.

How big is your room?

Feel free to email me anytime, i have the forum PM system turned off.

dave

Moderator, hope this is OK here but if not, please feel free to remove.

For So California. Location about an hour east of Los Angeles.

For those of you in So California, I have a BRAND NEW flat pack FH3 from Planet 10 for $280. You save off the flatpack - AND you don't pay for shipping. But you need to make a drive to pick up. The flat pack still in the original shipping packaging unopened. I believe that is about $100 savings off if you purchase directly from planet 10.

The box also has enabled Alpair 7.3 by Dave which I'll sell separately to make things easier to sell - hopefully.

Please PM if you are interested.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Plans are on the website. The Frugel-Horn

If you need actual CAD files (most people ask so they can send them to a CNC):
<boilerplate>
DXF or DWG files are easily exported from the CAD software, native format is Vectorworks. I need to know the page of the PDF you need, and the version of DXF/DWG that can be handled. (i do have a collection of already exported)

It should be noted that a CNC is only really useful for the sides and the driver rebate. Unless the CNC is 5-axis, you will still need to pass all the internal pieces thru a table saw -- it is quicker & easier to just do them all on a table saw. You could rough cut the other pieces but they still need to go thru a table saw to angle the ends.

The drawings all assume a 5 mm kerf, so the CNC operator would need to adjust for the larger kerf needed for CNC work. You/they will need to adjust for actual wood thickness as well.
</boilerplate>

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I believe that is about $100 savings off if you purchase directly from planet 10.

Yes, that is the approx shipping to CA.

Driver matching data attached. These are likely of a vintage where they have the moulded in super gasket.

Moses is missing a treat not at least pulling these drivers out and using them.

Note: it is not possible to retreive the drivers with out completely unpacking the contents.

dave

Attachments

• Ultralight-A73eNc-driverMat.gif
    Ultralight-A73eNc-driverMat.gif
    18.9 KB · Views: 496
Dave,

May I ask what your current cost is on the Alpair 7.3 with enabled and test matched from you? Thanks for your kind replies.

I don't think you take PM on this board right? I wanted to discuss the 7.3 a bit with you but offline. Being the frugal sort...once I realized that I don't have time to finish the rig properly, I did not want to open the box...:)

Thanks!
UL