• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Frugel-Horn Mk3 flat-paks

I noticed Dave isn't accepting PMs at this time. I composed a whole message expressing my desire to purchase a flat pack from the second run only to have it rejected! Bummer!

So I suppose the next best thing is to post a reply to this thread expressing the same desire...

Are you guys doing cutouts for FE108 Sigmas?

Thanks,
Evan

I noticed Dave isn't accepting PMs at this time. I composed a whole message expressing my desire to purchase a flat pack from the second run only to have it rejected! Bummer!

So I suppose the next best thing is to post a reply to this thread expressing the same desire...

Are you guys doing cutouts for FE108 Sigmas?

Thanks,
Evan

I can't see why the PM was rejected - try the contact address listed on the Planet10 site.

Of course Dave does monitor these forums as well, so he might well contact you directly .

Yes to the second - queue for machine time is a bit tight at the moment, so it may be another week or so before enough parts are machined for shipping.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member

I've got lots of eMail addresses and they all should work. You can't send me a message thru the Forum's private messaging system, i have that turned off. Archived eMails help me seem like i have a better memory than i do :D

dave

Here's my nearly complete pair of Frugel Horns, just have to finish up the outriggers.

Frugel-Horn-Front.jpg

Frugel-Horn-Back.jpg

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

You can read about the assembly step-by-step at my blog:
Frugel Horn @ DiyAudioBlog

A very special thanks to Planet-10 for offering such a great project!

Last edited:
Very nice writeup, thanx.

And i should not be getting the credit alone for the frugel-horn... Chris & Scott played huge roles in the Mk3 and all those who helped get the idea off the ground with FH1. Inparticular Ron Clarke with the signature curved mouth opening.

dave

Thanks for the heads up, I modified the post to reflect the credit to the Planet10 team ;) Always good to give credit where credit is due