• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

pensil 12 super

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi
im new here so hello one and all. im going to build a pair of full range speakers, i have varied music tastes so i need bass, but also clarity, been reading a bit on this subject and ive decieded the pensil super 12's with alpair 12 drivers are a good way to go, im using exposure solid state amp and cd & technics 1210 with rega and dynavector 17d2 karat. so have plenty of power, i liked the lowther pm6a i heard but slightly lackin bass, so im open to advice or sugestions.

Like you I have also varied tastes in music and looks like Pensil 12 or Super Pensil is the best bet... Super Pensil will go slightly lower (I think 40 Hz vs ~46 Hz for Pensil 12) in bass. Again, your other equipment, room, and listening position will have influence on what you hear, but what I have read about these drivers and the speakers is very positive. You can do a search in the forums and check out build and listening impressions.

You may already know this, but would still like to mention, be carefull with the drivers - Mark Audio recommeneds running them for 120 hours - hours 1-20 with light music at low voulmes, hours 21-120 gradually increase voume and intro rhythmic bass music.

Happy building and share some pics when you're at it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.