• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Pensil Pics, lets show 'em!

I'm into seeing pictures of people's setups almost as much as doing stuff myself :)

I've seen only a few pics of Pensil's in the wild and would love to see more pics. I think the most famous ones are the one's from Grahams:

Room1.JPG

Post pics of your Pensil's or one's you've seen and post links if you have them :)

Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful construction and bracing. That really looks nice and hefty!

Actually theses are not so "hefty" in the sense of mass / weight, but certainly stiff from the interlocked bracing (just a bit of a pain to adjust stuffing - of course I went overboard on screws in the removable back panel - something like 24-26?). Very nice sounding and pretty darned easy build - well I guess that depends on how silly you get with the bracing and finishing.

Still raw at the moment - the cue for veneering and finishing is now about 4 pairs deep, and with some home renos mandated by SWPTB (she who pays the bills) it'll likely be several weeks yet before I get to these,

Thank you very much for your comments.

The Chinese cabinet manufacturer made a lot of oakwood cabinets for me, including Pensil 6, Pensil 7, Pensil 10, Pensil 10.2, Pensil 12, bookshelf cabs for CHR-70, CHP-70, Alpair 6, Alpair 7, Alpair 10, Alpair 10.2 and Alpair 12. The quality of the cabinets made is very nice.

Attachments

• CHP-06.jpg
    CHP-06.jpg
    799 KB · Views: 1,791
  • sin7-07.jpg
    sin7-07.jpg
    748.1 KB · Views: 1,735
  • P7-05.jpg
    P7-05.jpg
    739 KB · Views: 1,838