• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

It's not easy being green (apologies to Kermit)

As I recall from the Hammer Super12s I heard, the woofer was the best part of the system. Eminence's engineering acumen and parts bin are sufficiently wide/deep enough that they are certainly capable of great products, but while I've not heard Dave's latest tweaked out version, the 12LTA wasn't my favorite large whizzer coned unit. Not than anyone gives a rip, but I'd probably have to say the smaller SEAS FA22 was more to my taste in that category

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Wild Burro Betsy Black with Orange

wildBurro-Betsy-Blk-wOrange.jpg

Hey Dave,

Any experience shipping to europe? (Denmark specifically) Do you know roughly what the shipping would be for a pair of Enabled Alpair 10.3s? I am thinking hard about building a set of frugal XL's since trying a simple foam core 0.4x karlsonator with a faital 3FE25 this weekend and hearing that sweet midrange!

Best,
Silas

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Yes. On a Visaton B200 or a CSS FR125 it works, but not a whole lot different than the modpodge i normally use for precept (althou it is easier to apply). Too much has the same problems as too much damar, stiff cones with more panful resonances. And it is scary expensive, which rubs th efrugel-phile™ in me th ewrong way (the half-bottle i experiemnted with was a gift).

dave