• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

It's not easy being green (apologies to Kermit)

Extremely stiff upper lips etc.... didn't the early settlers, before the Angles or Saxons, paint themselves in those colors and dance on hillsides? nice work Dave!

For what it is worth I have taken the 127 to it's completion. Two more rings, in addition to the many already on there and that uncovered the Raleigh wave that causes the chirps to precede upper register piano notes so acidically.

Bud

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
For what it is worth I have taken the 127 to it's completion. Two more rings, in addition to the many already on there and that uncovered the Raleigh wave that causes the chirps to precede upper register piano notes so acidically.

Having sold out, i'm left with doing that on my personal units. They are in the midst of extreme basket treatment at the moment.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
A set of FE167eN Natural w Blk

FE167eN-NatwBlk-crop.jpg

Basket on the left (image on top) looks like it's been pumping iron :)

actually it's (many painted layers of )latex/ceramic noise deadening compound SR500

many layers

but only one set of polka-dots

Enable on the back for aesthetic purposes only or acoustic benefits too?
the latter of course - the real fun part is EnAbl-in of the cabinet's bracing and panel damping padding :wink