• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

It's not easy being green (apologies to Kermit)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I haven't yet posted the most commonly requested colour schemes (where colour is an option).

Most popular by far is natural with brown -- it works well with natural wood or veneer.

Nat-wBrn-FE12x-166.jpg

and then quite a ways back, natural with black.

FE206eN-NatwBlk.jpg

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Yes.

But there was more work than just EnABL. These drivers are not very well built (sloppy) and the 15" has a lot of resonances in at least the top 2 octaves of its range. I was able to clean up some of them and was able to reduce the resonances.

They are in The Netherlands now, and the owner thinks they are a big improvement. From some of the questions asked after, i'm gonna guess that he learned to EnABL himself so that he could do his other (5?) SIs (he also has a set of Augies (a much better driver thn the coax) that i treated as well)

Some people really like this driver and i can understand the appeal, but i'm not a fan. Something like MJKs passive OB does the same things and a lot better.

dave