• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

It's not easy being green (apologies to Kermit)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Here is one of the last sets of FE127eN. These have EnABL2. You will note that they have the same spot colour as the FE126eN^2 above except that the mid-cone ring is also in colour. The 126 is the standard colour scheme, i have given all of the FE127 & old FE126 the coloured mid ring so as be able to more easily distinguish them in the filed. Coloured mid-rings on the new FE126eN^2 will appear only in custom colour drivers (which could be Natural w Brown as in the 127s below)

FE127eNjpg-Nat-wBrn.jpg

good stuff dave! if you ever wanted some fine art work on those i would gladly do it for free, from nature, to industrial, to pin-up girls.....just tossin that out there....i understand you have artistically and physically improved the drivers and its just amazing!

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I have a couple even more daring ones in the works for auction to the benefit of the forum... the sonic requirements of the mods limit the possibilities somewhat, one of the 2 pair i will do where i haven't before. And for the other, i'm on my 2nd try, i tried a coupl things that would extend my reach and found some things that wouldn't work.

I saw your girl on the speaker... if that kind of thing could be done without compromise it would be cool.

dave

prismacolor has a very vibrant light wax pencil, simple ink outlines look sweet for pinups as well.
a good method of transferring fine detailed drawings can made through image projections and or stencils or trace paper.
i see there could be a big market for artistically designed inducers, you have the means dave so keep it up!
personally i want my tube amp schematic printed on a set of cones, maybe i shall..? it will be long time before i can purchase any new speakers, though i found a blank white cone for re-conning , just need the right 15'' baskets now.

Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Wax wouldn't work, as the functional coatings are water based and the 1st one needs to bind the surface of the cone. At this point i am limited to the PVA (mod-podge) for the initial coat typically coloured with food colour (and limited to amounts of colour that bring the PVA to the same consistancy as using water to thin it). It is also necessary to keep the coating consistent over the whole cone.

dave

Something special. And something special will be done with these. Stay tuned.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Dave,
I'm not even British, but those are very cool indeed.
I just hope you restrain yourself from doing a pair with that Red Fig Leaf that I see everywhere.
:D

Just kidding. But I "do" have an idea where those are going.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Last edited: