Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Planet 10 hifi Home of the Frugal-phile™ - Planet 10 HiFi

Old 29th March 2012, 10:47 PM   #131
tuxedocivic is offline tuxedocivic  Canada
diyAudio Member

Got any examples of orange dots with green cone? Neon.

Something that matches my bike...

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 29th March 2012, 11:06 PM   #132
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

It's not easy being green (apologies to Kermit)
Closest would be green with blue so far. Neon (glow in the dark) paint is somewhat limited in available colours but emergancy vehicle colours likely fall into that small set.

Can i ride that sometime?

dave
Old 30th March 2012, 02:28 AM   #133
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post

Can i ride that sometime?

dave
Ha!
Old 30th March 2012, 02:43 AM   #134
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Can i come watch then? Get a pit pass?

dave
Old 30th March 2012, 04:14 AM   #135
diyAudio Member

Well I'd say ya, of course, but I'm hanging my helmet. Got to expensive pretty safe hobby actually (no tele poles to hit on a race track), but parts are to costly. I got to competitive, but not very good. Should have stuck with basic bikes. Bike is already sold.

My next project might have to bring the memories into my living room with coloured cones We'll see what I can whip up with the red FE83's.
Old 30th March 2012, 03:31 PM   #136
chrisb is offline chrisb
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedocivic View Post
Well I'd say ya, of course, but I'm hanging my helmet. Got to expensive pretty safe hobby actually (no tele poles to hit on a race track), but parts are to costly. I got to competitive, but not very good. Should have stuck with basic bikes. Bike is already sold.

isn't this just another way of demonstrating "too much testosterone and disposable cash"?
Old 31st March 2012, 04:02 AM   #137
diyAudio Member

Testosterone actually has nothing to do with it. Nothing. It's very much a mental sport. Very physically demanding too. At least for me. Smaller is better generally. I had a sticker across my speedometer that said THINK!!! Every move is a precise decision. There have been lots of guys come out to race because they think they're rad and their bike has so much horsepower. They quickly find out they're very slow because it actually has nothing to do with the size of your balls or bike power. It's all skill. Maybe 10% bike. Both those bikes have stock motors. The one on the right (mine) had $2k worth of suspension work. Because horsepower doesn't do much.

As for disposable income, well, mine isn't disposable. Hence why I've quite. Even if all I paid was race fees, oil changes, and fuel it was still costing to much. But people spend a lot more on a lot less. I bought the bike for $10k and got 8.

And I'm not sure I've met anyone who does it to "demonstrate" testosterone or disposable cash. Everyone I know on the race scene does it because they love to do it.
Old 31st March 2012, 04:56 AM   #138
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
...it actually has nothing to do with the size of your balls or bike power. It's all skill.
My last 5 bikes were singles. 4 of them SR500s. I remember meeting up with 2 1kcc bikes at the corner of Finayson Arm and Millstream. They couldn't keep up. The 250 single was the most fun thou. Tires that a guy on a 'guzzi 850 was jealous of and front brakes from an RD400

dave
Old 31st March 2012, 04:57 AM   #139
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Got any examples of orange dots with green cone? Neon.
Neon is available in Pink/Yellow/Orange/Blue/Green/Purple.

dave
Old 31st March 2012, 01:52 PM   #140
diyAudio Member

Ahh, so you know what I mean then. It's usually the guys on liter bikes that have no clue how to hit an apex. To bad the bike is gone, perhaps you would have managed it better than my presumptuous comment intended.

Neon green and orange

It's not easy being green (apologies to Kermit)Hide this!Advertise here!