• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

FF85KeN featured in Enjoy the Music DIY features

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I sent Jeff Poth a pair of FF85KeN (and a set of 1197 phase plugs). He has used them in an MJK style OB with a vintage JBL woofer. He had on hand a stock set for comparison.

Modifying Speaker Drivers And The FF85kEn Article By Jeff Poth

This one will also be of interest to BOFU users -- he illustrates a set of modifications

DIY Open Baffle With Widerange Drivers A.K.A. The third ugliest amazing speaker you'll ever see. Article By Jeff Poth

dave

Dave did you get my email about the full range driver?

jd

dude, where's the smoke :) ?

What no smoke arising from the OB? As soon as I get a chance to listen to the dMar-Kens or whatever it is we built here, the CHRs are going into the OBs on the Spirits to compare to the Jordans.

nice little write up and great to see P9+1 stuff getting a little more exposure..

I've seen far uglier speakers, so they aren't that bad looking.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.