Plasmatweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don’t say it is no good but not of any help here. This is a power oscillator and will just work fine without any pio. I would be surprised if you can hear the difference here. Decoupling in an audio amp is a different story. Decoupling the heaters is important here. C6 helps starting the oscillator, that’s all. C5 prevents any HF getting to your audio amp, this could be a silver mica or ceramic c. It is not the best for audio but best for decoupling HF. Audio guys do usually think that ceramics are no good, but this is no audioamp. Radioamateurs can tell you all about decoupling HF circuits. And this is what a plasma tweeter is. The stages before the oscillator are audio related and can be treated with high quality audiophile components as much as you like.
Best regards, Frank

Thanks a lot Lampie 519,but i don't see your schematic that you have provided.
But I have mounted early the PIO capacitor before my post with schematic.
Impédance of PIO capacitor is less than the ceramic one.And a great news :you writed that it help the system to start it self.So i keep it !
Before i read your last post I have throwed my 12 nf ceramic capacitor.
For parasitic suppressor what kind of resistor should i use:métal film ,or carbon film ?Please.
Industance will be not the same.
I have any 5w carbon film pièces.
Regards

Hello Lampie 519,
No 5w resistor,but 2w only.
Size of one resistor: around 15 mm long and 5 to 6 mm diameter.
10 turns seems to me difficult.
Thanks for schematic .I printed it.
For capacitor ,I think that i understood. I will re-weld a 12 nf capacitor.
Pictures will come another time.
But for the moment,coils and most parts are builded.
Regards

Look at this picture for understanding:

Attachments

• ionovac.jpg
    ionovac.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 202
First biild it. Then you will see and learn !

Hello Lampie 519.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I tried to understand how does parasitic suppressor work,but in vain
Tube CAG is 0,2Pf ,at 35Mhz it comes 22,8k.
Impédance of parasitic suppressor is few Ohm,(less than 50).If i throw it,what's happening ?
Highs frequencies ?Low fréquencies ?
Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.