Plasmatweeter

Hi George,

Thank for the very detail reply.

But I'm still too stupid to know it all...:bawling:

More questions,
I meant the curve plate visible from the fromt of the tile, is this the one you refer as Reflector? Any special requirement on the curevature?

What is the frequency range of your tweeters?

I think I should start with a stainless steel electrode on a household fuse holder similar to you 117db tweeter. No welding required... :cool:

Thousand Thanks

KenC

Hi Joe!
Yes, very interesting, You should hear only once as sound.

Dear KenC,
before I you an answer give now go times first on these sides:

http://www.forumromanum.de/member/f..._tindex&USER=user_94973&onsearch=1&threadid=2

that is everything in German, but you will see much. You should not too much spend operate,
go everything completely simply. You should find procurement problems have we solutions.
Greeting, George

Hello daz84,
thank You for interest,
this mesh is of an old ELA-loudspeaker, sorry.
It is also not usefull for tweeters cause it has a too big surface.

With you it gives nevertheless probably also ikea?
There the straight such garbage pails with very useful material for 2.99¤ have.
The material costs 20¤ with us in the shop approx.

George
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

George,

Interesting plasma tweeter. :D

A few questions. I did not find the answers in your text.

The "silver"? Is that the starter electrode?
The two electrodes for the plasma arc, those are tungsten??

The arc seems relatively large and hot for a typical plasma tweeter, does it have significant "self noise" (hiss)??

Also, you can only run the unit for a short time now, because of overheating of the output tube??

Have you checked your AM or FM radio for RF noise/interference??

Thanks.

_-_-bear

Dear bear,
from silver the above electrode is , silver (AG) oxidized not and therefore gives it no noise.
The starter-elektrode is an iron-nail.
The lower electrode is from tungsten. You see on the page 2 the upper pictures, there come no more music,
that are wound up and also begin the tube perfectly to glowing. With the normal enterprise to for instance 110db
the tube does not glow! Only with full volume it glows a litte Time later (10-15 sec.). Therefore also the
strong inverse feedback of the screen grid. Thus the delimitation works reliably. The Tweeter does not
have noises or hissing, it is perfectly quiet. Disturbances in the radio (30-35 MHz) are only in the room
ascertainable exactly the same as with Magnat mp-02 those my friend have. My Stereo-Anlage and the television
run without disturbances. The devices, I have two, run approx. 18 hours daily.
Many greetings, George

This pic shows the tweeter from above.
This is the main-part, the rest is only work. This is art.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

George,

so the upper electrode is silver?

why not tungsten?

IF tungsten then what happens to the sound level??

How often does the silver need to be replaced? Not at all?

IF the silver does not melt or ablate (get burned up or melted), then why does the copper?? Or why does not the silver??

What frequency does ur tube oscillate at??
The usual 27mHz range??

_-_-bear

Hello bear,
the upper electrode is silver cause with tries out i found out that that does not glow oxidation arrears and katalytproducts produced if it then.
The sound-level is still the same. This only the exactly distance to the Backside needs.
Therefore the music remains clear, clean the sound. It does not wear itself out. Silver leads the warmth better
still than copper and leads waste heat faster, copper oxidized fast.
30 - 35 MHz, depending upon temperature and naturally the number of turns.
27,12 MHz is the permitted frequency thereby no disturbances in the radio come. It is to be worked not
necessarily so exactly, then one must work with an oscillator and quartz. On it I work straight,
but that becomes not simple and is not necessary also. many greetings George

George,

Adjusting the self oscillating tube's C value and/or H value, depending if it is a Colpitts or Hartley oscillator will adjust the frequency.

Quartz crystal oscillator is one way to go of course.

Enjoy ur sound!

Btw, have you brought in a young person or young woman to listen for HF noises? Good idea! We men tend to have less accute hearing in the HF regions.

_-_-bear

Hi bear,
I think, I should make better once a few photos of the girls to make the straight music than these for frequencies to ask.
Is a quartz oscillator better naturally suitable, but who can copy that? Which boy can build a transistor oscillator
with two stages the one tube heads for? Transistor in the output stage? Yes, you make 100 for one for 300 $,
of it broken to you the first tone hear.
Straight because we cannot hear the high tones are the Plasma well for us. And it drives out Moskitos and frogs and witches.
Love greeting,
George

The new tip!

that is tungsten and iron, simply only welded, sanded and polished,
if one more exactly seen can one at the point the transition from iron to tungsten recognize,
in the back thread staff, sanded and polished.
So that the heat knows not so easily to the rear and is the thread away.
Times see as then in four weeks looks…

George,

A tube or solid state "quartz crystal" oscillator is completely simple and inexpensive.

Any decent text book will show many examples.

Making the oscillator signal drive the output tube is also pretty simple.
Of course it is not "standard" for commercial plasma tweeters since it raises the final price due to extra parts. :D

_-_-bear

You are right, I work on a solid body „quartz crystal “oscillator.
The difficulty is the exact execution of the individual resonant circuits.
Each condenser at the hot coil decreases its power output.
And that will become too difficult the reproduction.
If you can do that then show nevertheless please like that simply and easily goes.
Many greetings,
George

Simply quartz crystal oscillator, works perfectly

Yes now I understand, the signalamplitude is up to 250Vss.
You have to adjust for biggest Signal the g2 current = 35mA without inputsignal.
This g2 current is possible going up to 140mA!
There are 7Watts possible for g2, but it is for short time no problem to give it this hammer!
So I think that Your Idee with the tube is not enough for rejection the PL complete!
So the musik will not become very loud, 90db max.
Also You have to seperate both heaters with an extra transformer.
And it´s cheeper, needs less room.
This BUT11AF can do up to 5A and 450V, this will be enough.
Otherwise you need a 6L6 or any similarly.
Try it, try everything.
Don´t give up until You have it, never.
You can have the best if you want it, ther is no one who heard this before.
If not you needs an ear physician, maybe later also:))
And never believe the more kritisierer, let them do this bevore they have a word.
You will nowhere a better, a louder, a simpler and a economical turns out to find to be able.

Best regards,
George