Nickel ribbon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for pointingout that this wont work as intened...
However, I should think that the nickel in the gap of a normal ribbon should serve to help complete the magnetic cicuit which could help the field uniformity? though, probably not enough to overcome the expense of lower efficiency.

Why don't people build much narrower HF ribbons? I am thinking about making a ribbon super tweeter that is an eight inch by one inch or smaller in between only two comparatively huge magnets. Hoping to get high efficiency... Maybe even high enough to only have to pad down instead of use a transformer. How does adding a resister in series affect the sensitivity; ie, if i put a four ohm resister in series with a 100db speaker what is my final sensitivity? i supose it also depends on the resistance of the speaker which in the case of a ribbon will be small of course.

I am hoping to jsut be able to pad down my tweeter to 89db.
Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.