Source for polyester film in South Africa

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.

I'm thinking of building myself a set of ESL speakers. Can anyone suggest a source for mylar/polyester film in South Africa? The closest I've been able to get is Flexpak (part of Nampak) but it seems they only do polyethelene film.

Is the film used for model aircraft (http://www.solarfilm.co.uk/) too thick? It is readily available in hobby shops.

If I can't find polyester, is Glad Wrap OK for a first try, or am I wasting my time?

I'm in the Johannesburg area.

Thanks.

Gert

Check Ebay. A search for "hostaphan" will bring up what you're looking for. There are no auctions going at the moment, but the hostaphan (mylar) is listed regularly by Hans Zeeuwe from the audiocircuit.com.

It's 6.1 m x 795mm x 6 micron and sells for US$24.50 + US$6 for international shipping. I bought mine from him and it got to my door in about two weeks from the Netherlands.

Attachments

• hostaphan.jpg
    hostaphan.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 108
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.