Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

A DIY Ribbon Speaker of a different Kind
A DIY Ribbon Speaker of a different Kind
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th August 2018, 09:08 PM   #1251
sergiu2009 is offline sergiu2009  Romania
diyAudio Member

Looking forward too solhaga. You have a very interesting way of assemblying the motor and a very powerfull motor there. How much did you simulate it has in T?

I use a more invasive and messy way of assembly where you have to be very carefull with your fingers...

As a hint, you can observe now that the bars bends only (if they are strong enough) when you join the whole magnet motor. If the gap remains constant for a week then you are good to go, if not.... add reinforcements, like thick U shaped of harder steell and bolt them to each side of the magnets.

It will become a bit bulky (at least 5kg in plus) but will hold.

Cant wait to hear you impressions and see your results.
Cheers
Sergiu
Old 18th August 2018, 10:07 PM   #1252
solhaga is offline solhaga  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiu2009 View Post
Looking forward too solhaga. You have a very interesting way of assemblying the motor and a very powerfull motor there. How much did you simulate it has in T?
1.8 T. Look at the first motor in post #1238

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiu2009 View Post

As a hint, you can observe now that the bars bends only (if they are strong enough) when you join the whole magnet motor. If the gap remains constant for a week then you are good to go, if not.... add reinforcements, like thick U shaped of harder steell and bolt them to each side of the magnets.

It will become a bit bulky (at least 5kg in plus) but will hold.
The gap width is stable, but I've put an extra 3 mm spacer between the mid membrane and the tweeter membrane just to be sure:

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 19th August 2018, 01:11 PM   #1253
diyAudio Member

I cannot see your pic. Can you upload it again?
Old 21st August 2018, 11:02 AM   #1254
Yroger is offline Yroger  France
diyAudio Member

Bonjour,
Après toute ces années de questionnement et de recherchepersonnel j'ai décidé de vendre les équipages mobiles (circuit et membranes) dumodèle Janus 50. Il s'agit des versions originales fabriquées par MrDeminière et jamais montées car faute de moyen pour me procurer tout lereste des éléments constitutif de ce transducteur sonore.
Sur son site elles sont vendues à 300E; je suis ouvert auxpropositions si toute fois cela intéresse quelqu’un. :wink:
Dans l'attente, cordialement
=========
Hello,
After all these years of questioning and personal research I decided to sell the mobile crews (circuit and membranes) of the Janus 50 model. These are the original versions manufactured by Mr Deminière and never mounted because of lack of means to get all the rest of the constituent elements of this sound transducer.
On its site they are sold at 300 Euros; I am open to proposals if anyone is interested. : Wink:
In the meantime, cordially

Old 20th September 2018, 06:58 PM   #1255
ndhennin is offline ndhennin
diyAudio Member

I am starting to work on the construction : grinding the metal at the moment.
A question poped up in my mind concerning the connexion between the coils ans the wires coming from the amp : I am going to make the coil with aluminium wire : 0,175 mm for the diameter. Is this section big enough to link the coil to the wires coming from the amp ? sounds thin no ?
Old 20th September 2018, 08:29 PM   #1256
diyAudio Member

nope
Old 20th September 2018, 08:30 PM   #1257
diyAudio Member

use some flux eventually ...

A DIY Ribbon Speaker of a different KindHide this!Advertise here!